Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Feeling Positive

Here it is, day 9, we're through a full work week, two extended car rides, and a long weekend at the lake... SUCCESSFULLY! I am So proud of our progress and couldn't be happier. It didn't happen without difficulties and it wasn't easy, but we've made it this far. I am still not feeling so great and still not getting the best sleep in the world, but just knowing that the worst is behind us and it's only going to get better from here is an unbelievable and wonderful thing.

I am starting to notice things taste and smell better, and I'm even noticing my breathing starting to improve. On Saturday, 9 hours after I put perfume on, Nick actually told me I smelled nice. It might sound silly, but it was SO great! It's wonderful to get in my car and have it feel clean rather than stuffy and for my mouth to still feel fresh from toothpaste when I get to work. The positive changes are keeping me going. I can't wait to enjoy the fall this year. I know that once my sleeping gets back to normal I'm going to have SO much more energy than I did before quitting. I want to really breathe in the crisp fall air, go to the pumpkin patch, walk the arboretum, enjoy an october fest, and go to a haunted house. I can't wait to do things this year that take a few hours without having to take a break or sneak out the side.

There are still quite a few difficult parts of this journey I have yet to face, but I know I can do it. I know Nick and I can do it together.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment