Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First week of school...

Wow. So I haven’t written here in over a week, and may I say it’s been quite the week to say the least.

I’m officially a DePaul student! School is in full swing as of 7 days ago!! Wait... didn't I last blog 8 days ago... correlation? Seriously though, school is definitely fun, but it’s definitely on the stressful side as well. I want to make sure I do well and find the time to give it my all. Problem is, finding time has not exactly been my strong suit lately, hence the lack of writing here. Also, I think my cross-stitch may be collecting dust.

I’m still in physical therapy 2 nights a week and now that my back is getting better I have injured my knee. It’s been getting worse each day to the point today where I can’t bend or straighten it without cringing. The therapist is bugging me to go see the doctor, but I just can’t seem to find the time…. I know…. I need to.  

Nick has softball on Tuesdays and football on Sundays. I feel I need to go to in order to be supportive, plus it’s really my only recreation time and I love watching him. I can’t give that up and dread the thought that if I get any more overwhelmed that’s what’s going to have to go.

To top all that off I have a friend that needs me, lots. This friend is going through some really tough stuff right now and I need to be there for her as much as humanly possible. She needs me and would drop everything for me if I needed her; she is DEFINITELY one of the siblings God forgot to give me. So, I’m not complaining at all, but I’m spending about 3 nights a week with her as well.

If you’ve followed along and done the math you’ll have realized that I currently have about 1 night a week to myself and weekend days (minus football) plus an hour here hour there to do my schoolwork. I feel a little like my head is spinning and I am ALWAYS on the go, but such is life, feast or famine as they say. Right now it’s like a nine course meal... just chugging along and waiting to find out what the next curve ball will be.

Great news though? No one knows this yet, but I took myself off of Chantix 2 days ago. I couldn’t handle the nausea anymore and needed my sleep to be more regulated. I felt like I could handle it on my own from this point on and I was right… I FEEL LIKE A NON SMOKER! I even offered to hold a friend’s cigarette yesterday so she could climb down from the bleachers and had to think twice about it when she looked at me like “nice try”. The thought of smoking it hadn’t even crossed my mind!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment